- Login to SSH
- Type: /scripts/pkgacct username (where username is the username of the account you wish to duplicate)
- In WHM -> Account Functions -> Modify Account, change the domain name and username of the account to which you need to duplicate. Change these to the NEW duplicate site you want.
- Restore your original site.
- Type: /scripts/restorepkg username (username is the original username of the account)
- You will now have two duplicate accounts. Any scripts using databases in the new site will need to have their database connections updated (e.g. if a wordpress site in wp-config.php) to use the new account name prefix for the database and username.
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Thank you James!! Can’t tell you how freaking useful this is, had this page bookmarked for 2 years now. It’s invaluable when I need to dup a site.
That’s great to hear Evan – thanks!